You are obligated to designate an authorized laser safety officer for using the laser classes 3R, 3B or 4, and the responsible factory inspectorate (state authority for occupational safety) must be notified accordingly.
EN 60 825 (Laser safety)
- Ordinance on Protection of Operators from Dangers of Artificial Optical Radiation (July 2010)
- TROS Laser (April 2015), formerly BGV – B2
- DIN 56 912 (show lasers and stage lasers)
- MPG (Medical Devices Law)
The training to become a laser safety officer is given by a course provider who is qualified and certified by the professional association.
Who is a laser safety officer?
“A person who has special technical knowledge and knows how to assess and control the dangers; this person is also responsible for monitoring the protective measures against the dangers caused by lasers.”
Our current offer of courses
We offer 4 seminar meetings in Darmstadt annually. However, upon request, we can also hold these courses in your company, e.g., for your employees, or within the framework of a training course for your customers.
Important information for doctors:
Our course is certified with 9 points by the State Chamber of Doctors and Dentists. The certification only applies to doctors (from AIP).
Our course is held in Darmstadt on:
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017,
- Saturday, November 25, 2017,
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018,
- Wednesday, August 8, 2018,
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018,
- Saturday, November 17, 2018.
Cost: € 350, including documents and meals. Subject to V.A.T. The courses are held in Jagdschloss Hotel Kranichstein.